In this learning program, students explore the relationship between two variables. Students will learn to work effectively with scatterplots and regression lines with and without technology. We will help students develop mastery of statistical analysis on bivariate data in any practical context.
Investigate scatterplots 4 concepts
Construct a scatterplot using technology
Identify independent and dependent variables in bivariate data analysis
Interpret scatterplots including direction, form and strength
Correlation 3 concepts
Calculate Pearson's correlation coefficient using technology
Demonstrate understanding of correlation and causation
Classify the correlation coefficient from a scatterplot or given a value for r
Regression line 3 concepts
Fitting a least squares line and calculating the correlation coefficient
Interpolation and extrapolation of regression lines
Interpret the slope and intercept of a regression line
What you'll get
- A customised learning plan to suit your needs, adapting to your pace as you learn, progress and achieve mastery
- All the content required to help you master the syllabus, including theory, worked examples, exam preparation and practice questions
An Expert Tutor
- We match you to a private, expert tutor who is right for your needs and goals
- Our tutors are talented, tested, top ATAR achievers and subject experts
- During each session, your tutor guides you through your learning program, providing real-time, live expert tutoring in Investigating relationships between two numerical variables
- Access information at every stage showing what's been mastered, what areas need to be worked on and what's next
- You and your parents receive a comprehensive feedback report after every session
- Every session is recorded and available for you to watch at any time, allowing you to review what was covered
Ready to start this program?
Simply pick a time that works for you
Add your payment details securely online
We'll book in your first session and match you to an expert tutor
PAYG and bundle plans
Access to practice questions
Not sure if this program is right for you?
Ask us, we'll help you find the right program.