Year 4 Statistics and Probability program is aligned with the relevant outcomes from the Statistics and Probability strand of the Australian curriculum. Students studying Statistics and Probability Year 4 explore the differences between categorical and numerical data, they choose appropriate graphs to represent categorical data and interpret misleading graphs.
Chance 7 concepts
Use the terms equally likely, likely and unlikely to describe the chance of everyday events occurring
Compare the chance of familiar events occurring and describe the events as being more likely or less likely to occur than each other
Compare the likelihood of obtaining particular outcomes in a simple chance experiment
Identify and discuss everyday events occurring that cannot occur at the same time
Identify and discuss events where the chance of one event occurring will not be affected by the occurrence of the other
Compare events where the chance of one event occurring is not affected by the occurrence of the other.
Order events from least likely to most likely to occur
Representing Categorical Data 8 concepts
Create a survey with a suitable question and related recording sheet
Compare features of data displays, including considering the number and appropriateness of the categories used
Represent given categorical data in tables using a scale of many-to-one correspondence
Represent given categorical data in picture graphs using a scale of many-to-one correspondence
Determine a suitable scale of many-to-one correspondence to draw graphs for large data sets and state the key used
evaluate the effectiveness of various data displays found in media and in factual texts.
Identify misleading representations of data
Represent given categorical data in column graphs using a scale of many-to-one correspondence
What you'll get
- A customised learning plan to suit your needs, adapting to your pace as you learn, progress and achieve mastery
- All the content required to help you master the syllabus, including theory, worked examples, exam preparation and practice questions
An Expert Tutor
- We match you to a private, expert tutor who is right for your needs and goals
- Our tutors are talented, tested, top ATAR achievers and subject experts
- During each session, your tutor guides you through your learning program, providing real-time, live expert tutoring in Statistics and Probability
- Access information at every stage showing what's been mastered, what areas need to be worked on and what's next
- You and your parents receive a comprehensive feedback report after every session
- Every session is recorded and available for you to watch at any time, allowing you to review what was covered
Ready to start this program?
Simply pick a time that works for you
Add your payment details securely online
We'll book in your first session and match you to an expert tutor
PAYG and bundle plans
Access to practice questions
Not sure if this program is right for you?
Ask us, we'll help you find the right program.