The Art of Great Grammar and Punctuation program for Year 9 is aligned to the language conventions and literacy strands of the Australian Curriculum. It is customised to equip all students with the skills they need to write with confidence and fluency, and to make the process of writing much faster and easier. Rather than just providing students with a list of rules to follow, this program focuses on applied grammar and punctuation; we provide extensive models and ensure that students get plenty of practice and feedback to consolidate their skills. The Art of Great Grammar and Punctuation program gives students control of their writing and confidence that they will impress their readers.
- Students gain a deeper understanding of how punctuation is used to construct texts for different audiences and purposes. Students apply the rules and consider the way that subtle differences affect meaning.
Sentences and Clause Level Grammar
- Students analyse the way that authors vary the structures of sentences and clauses for particular effect and experiment with different approaches in their own writing.
Word Level Grammar
- Students consolidate and develop their understanding of parts of speech, the way that word choice affects modality and impacts responses, the function of abstract nouns.
- Students understand how spelling can be used creatively, for example for comic effect or to represent spoken language, and they experiment with similar approaches to enhance their creative writing.
- Students apply the rules to their work and assess the impact of improved punctuation and grammar skills on the readability and effect of their writing.
What you'll get
- A customised learning plan to suit your needs, adapting to your pace as you learn, progress and achieve mastery
- All the content required to help you master the syllabus, including theory, worked examples, exam preparation and practice questions
An Expert Tutor
- We match you to a private, expert tutor who is right for your needs and goals
- Our tutors are talented, tested, top ATAR achievers and subject experts
- During each session, your tutor guides you through your learning program, providing real-time, live expert tutoring in The Art of Great Grammar and Punctuation
- Access information at every stage showing what's been mastered, what areas need to be worked on and what's next
- You and your parents receive a comprehensive feedback report after every session
- Every session is recorded and available for you to watch at any time, allowing you to review what was covered
Ready to start this program?
Simply pick a time that works for you
Add your payment details securely online
We'll be in contact to match you with one of our top tutors and book your first session
PAYG and bundle plans
Access to practice questions
Not sure if this program is right for you?
Ask us, we'll help you find the right program.