CLUEY LEARNING ONLINE TUTORING JOBS
Become an Online Tutor with Cluey
Help make a difference to a student's life
Are you a university student looking to make a difference?
Help school students in their learning journey
Work around your schedule
We know you have classes, exams and other commitments, so we work with you and your weekly schedule to fit in your Cluey sessions, which typically take place between 3pm and 9pm (AEDT) on weekdays or on weekends.
Stable income & competitive rates
Cluey can provide you with a stable, regular workload at a competitive rate. We handle a range of challenges for you such as finding students, lesson planning and preparation, and admin tasks to free you up to focus and get paid for the actual online tutoring work you do.
Develop and gain skills for the workplace
We will help you develop a range of cognitive and communication skills that will be valuable in all future workplaces, such as digital literacy, mentoring, creativity, problem solving and critical thinking.
Convenience and flexibility
As a professional educator we understand you have a range of commitments that can include teaching, class preparation and your family. Your online Cluey sessions can accommodate your schedule and location, with sessions typically taking place between 3pm and 9pm (AEDT) on weekdays or on weekends.
Supplement your income
Cluey can provide you with a stable, reliable workload with regular income doing work that utilises your skills and experience and has a real impact on the students right across the country.
You’re busy, so we make it easy for you
We take care of various activities so you can focus on helping your students, so an hour spent with them doesn’t also mean extra hours spent on lesson preparation, admin and managing your customer relationship.
Are you a teacher looking for extra work that’s rewarding?
And also fits around your commitments
What does tutoring online at Cluey look like?
- Teach regular (weekly) lessons online using our live, real-time collaborative learning platform from the convenience of your own home.
- Our expert education team have designed and built learning programs based on the Australian curriculum that contain all the content you’ll need. This means no lesson planning or content sourcing on your part, freeing you up to focus on teaching and collaborating with your students.
- Set learning goals and adapt your student’s learning plan over time to reflect their progress, building their confidence and technique while reinforcing active learning.
- Provide feedback after each session and assign practice questions between sessions to aid in review and revision.
- We take care of many tasks that can add unpaid time when tutoring a student. We handle finding students, scheduling sessions, managing their enrolments, organising billing and payments, and student support.
- Receive continual support as a Cluey tutor from the Tutor Care team, our extensive tutor community and our education team. This includes access to best-practice training, videos, content, technical and scheduling support.
Here’s what some of our online tutors say about Cluey
What we look for
- Strong numeracy or literacy experience plus an understanding of the Australian education system
- Strong, proven subject knowledge
- Ability to work with students on a 1:1 basis
- Ability to articulate a concept clearly
- Understanding of how to adapt teaching style to serve the needs of each student
- Commitment to the education of children
- Very good communication skills
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Based in Australia with full working rights and the ability to provide 10 hours of availability per week
- Valid Working With Children Check number
How to become a Cluey online tutor
Submit your job application
Start our interview process
- If you’re someone we’d like to chat to further, we’ll contact you about starting our multi-stage interview process.
- During the interview process, we’ll check your qualifications and perform a video interview. We’ll also check your Working With Children Check information.
You’re a Cluey Tutor
- Once you’ve successfully passed our interview process, you’re well on your way to start tutoring with Cluey. We’ll help onboard you and provide all the training you need to get started with the first of many sessions.
Current online tutoring jobs
Tutors are the face of Cluey Learning. They provide engaging and informative learning sessions to our students.
Tutoring is a very rewarding job as it allows you to help students progress with their studies. You get the opportunity to form strong relationships with your students. As an online tutor you get to work from home and all the content is provided for you. No need to plan lessons or schedule sessions. Simply log on, tutor and log off!
We look for people who are experts in their discipline that have a strong passion to share their knowledge and help students to excel.
Tutors get paid $25 per hour for training, then $27 plus super for sessions. Qualified teachers get $35 per hour plus super. You get paid into your account on a fortnightly basis.
At this stage, we require our online tutors to be based in Australia.
All our tutors need to have a valid employer WWCC/blue card
Our students are based all across Australia
Absolutely, the majority of our tutors have never tutored online previously. We provide training to ensure you are confident before your first session.
We provide 2/3 hours of paid training to allow you time to get comfortable with the platform.
After you have submitted your resume, your application will be considered. If you are selected to attend an interview you will be notified via email. If you are selected to continue after your interview the next stage is to submit a video application. Depending on the outcome an offer may be made, and you will begin your journey as a Cluey tutor.
Our interviews take place online via Zoom. Zoom is a video conferencing technology. The recruitment team will send you a link to access the interview for your scheduled interview time.
If you use a mobile or tablet for the interview, you will need to download the Zoom app. You should not have to download it on a laptop.
All of our sessions are recorded for quality assurance. We need to ensure you are clear and comfortable speaking into a camera.