The Year 9 Test Simulation program gives students the opportunity to sit mock NAPLAN English papers and to receive targeted and individualised feedback. This program will enable students to identify the areas of literacy skills and knowledge that may need more attention prior to the NAPLAN tests. The program also gives them familiarity with the NAPLAN format and the styles of questions asked, increasing their time management skills and building their confidence.
In this first session, students will learn how to use the Cluey environment and explore with their tutor a few test startegies.
Practice Test - Reading & Language Conventions
The course includes an online test for students to practise answering NAPLAN-style questions under simulated exam conditions.
Test Review & Feedback Session
The session following the practice test is dedicated to reviewing the student's results. It's an opportunity to discuss areas of strength and weakness in depth and to develop personalised NAPLAN test strategies.
Practice Test - Writing
The course includes an online test for students to practise a NAPLAN-style writing task under simulated exam conditions.
Test Review & Feedback Session
What you'll get
Learning Content & Tests
- A customised learning plan that guides you through NAPLAN concepts, adapting to your pace as you learn, progress and achieve mastery
- All the content required to help you master the syllabus, including theory, worked examples, and practice questions
- Practice tests to simulate the NAPLAN test conditions and help you develop test strategies
An Expert Tutor
- We match you to a private, expert tutor who is right for your needs and goals
- Our tutors are talented, tested, top ATAR achievers and subject experts
- During each session, your tutor guides you through your learning program, providing real-time, live expert tutoring for NAPLAN
Feedback & Reporting
- Access information at every stage showing what's been mastered, what areas need to be worked on and what's next
- You and your parents receive a comprehensive feedback report after every session and practice test
- Every session is recorded and available for you to watch at any time, allowing you to review what was covered
Ready to start this program?
Simply pick a time that works for you
Add your payment details securely online
We'll be in contact to match you with one of our top tutors and book your first session
for 3 sessions
Access to practice questions
Includes 2 practice NAPLAN tests
Feedback session after each test
NAPLAN, also known as the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy, is a series of assessment tests held each year in May for Australian students in years 3, 5, 7 and 9. We offer a selection of programs that you can enrol in that will cover your test preparation needs for Literacy and Numeracy.
Each program contains an online practice test that contains NAPLAN-style questions that are intended to be completed in your own time, before your next scheduled session. During your next session, your tutor will review the practice test with you, providing targeted feedback and recommending areas of focus.
Absolutely. You’re more than welcome to join the session and hear the feedback and recommendations provided by your child’s tutor.
We work with your schedule to find the right time for your online session with your tutor. These sessions are 60 mins in length and typically occur once a week, but the frequency can be adjusted so you can have multiple sessions per week if desired.
For holiday intensive programs, we recommend scheduling one session per day during the school holiday period to ensure you’re able to complete the program.
After each session, your tutor will assign practice questions for you to attempt before the next scheduled session. In the weeks where a practice test is scheduled, instead of completing practice questions in the platform, a practice test will be sent to you to complete.
Not sure if this program is right for you?
Ask us, we'll help you find the right program.