The Year 11 English program is fully aligned to each state's syllabus and designed to prepare students with the skills they will need for their Year 12 assessments and exams. We place an emphasis on essay writing, from question analysis and planning to drafting and editing. We also focus on the other text types covered by the relevant syllabus, including imaginative, persuasive, informative, discursive, reflective and analytical texts in spoken and written form. We support all the texts that students are studying in class and the assignments and assessments that they are required to complete for school.
- We demystify essay writing from question analysis and efficient planning to editing and polishing. The trick to writing a good essay is to present a genuine argument; and we show you how that is done. Students will also be given support and feedback to help them complete essay-writing tasks from school.
- We give students practical building blocks to help them create compelling imaginative pieces that will impress examiners and satisfy syllabus requirements. Our approach to imaginative writing also helps students to analyse the texts they are studying at school.
- In accordance with the requirements of each state syllabus, we give students understanding of and experience in writing for a variety of purposes and audiences.
Analysis and Evaluation of Texts
- The analysis of texts is at the heart of the English curriculum. We show students how to interpret and evaluate texts and how to communicate their analysis. Students will be exposed to texts of all types and formats. Importantly, we help them understand, analyse and evaluate the texts they are studying at school and provide them with support to enhance their responses and build confidence in English.
Representation of Ideas and Authorial Choice
- Studying English is about acquiring both skills and knowledge. The texts that students study at school are selected for the ideas that they contain as well as for the way they represent these ideas. We help students understand that texts reflect the context in which they were created, to identify and analyse the choices that their creators have made and to reflect on their own context and how it affects their responses.
- We make sure students are familiar with the relevant syllabus rubrics and with the formats of assessments and examinations that they will encounter. We give them plenty of opportunities to practise their responses, building their skills and their confidence.
- We understand that for students to shine in their final English exams, they need to cover a great deal of material in a short amount of time. The Year 11 English Program focuses on refining our students' writing so that they understanding how to communicate ideas succinctly and with a broad and accurate vocabulary. We help them polish their skills to make Year 12 so much easier.
What you'll get
- A customised learning plan to suit your needs, adapting to your pace as you learn, progress and achieve mastery
- All the content required to help you master the syllabus, including theory, worked examples, exam preparation and practice questions
An Expert Tutor
- We match you to a private, expert tutor who is right for your needs and goals
- Our tutors are talented, tested, top ATAR achievers and subject experts
- During each session, your tutor guides you through your learning program, providing real-time, live expert tutoring in English - Year 11
- Access information at every stage showing what's been mastered, what areas need to be worked on and what's next
- You and your parents receive a comprehensive feedback report after every session
- Every session is recorded and available for you to watch at any time, allowing you to review what was covered
Ready to start this program?
Simply pick a time that works for you
Add your payment details securely online
We'll be in contact to match you with one of our top tutors and book your first session
PAYG and bundle plans
Access to practice questions
Not sure if this program is right for you?
Ask us, we'll help you find the right program.