The Year 7 Angle Relationships program is aligned with relevant components of the Measurement and Geometry strand of the Australian curriculum. Students studying Year 7 Angle Relationships explore and name different types of angles, including acute, obtuse, right, straight angles, and revolutions. The language of angles and angle relationships is fundamental to this topic and makes up a key component of the content studied.
Angle Notation 10 concepts
Define, label and name points, lines and intervals
Describe a pair of angles that share a common arm and vertex as 'adjacent angles'
Name perpendicular lines using the symbol for perpendicular
Identify and name right angles, straight angles, angles of complete revolution and vertically opposite angles embedded in diagrams
Label the vertex and arms of an angle
Label and name angles using notation
Use the common conventions for right angles and equal angles
Find the complement of an angle
Find the supplement of an angle
Find angles at a point using angle relationships
Parallel lines and Transversals 5 concepts
Identify 'transversals', including transversals of parallel lines
Identify alternate angle pairs, corresponding angle pairs and co-interior angle pairs for parallel lines cut by a transversal
Use the common conventions to indicate parallel lines on diagrams
Name pairs of parallel lines using the symbol for parallel
Use angle relationships of parallel lines to find the size of unknown angles, giving reasons
What you'll get
- A customised learning plan to suit your needs, adapting to your pace as you learn, progress and achieve mastery
- All the content required to help you master the syllabus, including theory, worked examples, exam preparation and practice questions
An Expert Tutor
- We match you to a private, expert tutor who is right for your needs and goals
- Our tutors are talented, tested, top ATAR achievers and subject experts
- During each session, your tutor guides you through your learning program, providing real-time, live expert tutoring in Angle Relationships
- Access information at every stage showing what's been mastered, what areas need to be worked on and what's next
- You and your parents receive a comprehensive feedback report after every session
- Every session is recorded and available for you to watch at any time, allowing you to review what was covered
Ready to start this program?
Simply pick a time that works for you
Add your payment details securely online
We'll book in your first session and match you to an expert tutor
PAYG and bundle plans
Access to practice questions
Not sure if this program is right for you?
Ask us, we'll help you find the right program.