In this learning program, students will review algebraic and graphical techniques involving inequalities. Students will develop proficient skills to graph and identify feasible regions. We will help students apply these skills to solve related problems including using the corner-point principle to determine the maximum or minimum value of an objective function. Students will learn to set up and solve a range of linear programming problems with and without the aid of a graphing calculator.
Linear inequalities 4 concepts
Solve linear inequalities, recognising that there are infinite solutions
Represent linear inequalities on the number line
Solve linear inequalities by reversing the direction of the inequality sign when multiplying or dividing by a negative number
Region of a linear inequality 1 concept
Sketch a region defined by a linear inequality
Feasible region 2 concepts
Graph the feasible region without a calculator
Graph the feasible region using a CAS calculator
Corner-point principle 1 concept
Use the corner-point principle to find the minimum or maximum value of an objective function
Linear programming problems 1 concept
Set up and solve linear programming problems
What you'll get
- A customised learning plan to suit your needs, adapting to your pace as you learn, progress and achieve mastery
- All the content required to help you master the syllabus, including theory, worked examples, exam preparation and practice questions
An Expert Tutor
- We match you to a private, expert tutor who is right for your needs and goals
- Our tutors are talented, tested, top ATAR achievers and subject experts
- During each session, your tutor guides you through your learning program, providing real-time, live expert tutoring in Inequalities and linear programming
- Access information at every stage showing what's been mastered, what areas need to be worked on and what's next
- You and your parents receive a comprehensive feedback report after every session
- Every session is recorded and available for you to watch at any time, allowing you to review what was covered
Ready to start this program?
Simply pick a time that works for you
Add your payment details securely online
We'll be in contact to match you with one of our top tutors and book your first session
PAYG and bundle plans
Access to practice questions
Not sure if this program is right for you?
Ask us, we'll help you find the right program.