This learning program covers the essential components of the Year 11 Mathematical Methods Permutations, Combinations and Binomial Distribution component of the Senior Mathematics syllabus. We help students become competent in applying probability theory to problems using counting techniques, including permutations and combinations. In addition, we teach students how to recall and apply the theory for binomial distribution to solve complex probability questions.
Counting Techniques 9 concepts
Permutations without restrictions
Permutations with restrictions
Problems that require both permutations and combinations
Permutations with a circular arrangement
Permutations when some objects are identical
Combinations without restrictions
Combinations with restrictions
Use the fundamental counting theorem to determine the number of outcomes for a multistage experiment
Binomial Probability Distribution 2 concepts
The probabilities of success and failure are to be calculated
The probabilities of success and failure are given
What you'll get
- A customised learning plan to suit your needs, adapting to your pace as you learn, progress and achieve mastery
- All the content required to help you master the syllabus, including theory, worked examples, exam preparation and practice questions
An Expert Tutor
- We match you to a private, expert tutor who is right for your needs and goals
- Our tutors are talented, tested, top ATAR achievers and subject experts
- During each session, your tutor guides you through your learning program, providing real-time, live expert tutoring in Permutations, Combinations and Binomial Distribution
- Access information at every stage showing what's been mastered, what areas need to be worked on and what's next
- You and your parents receive a comprehensive feedback report after every session
- Every session is recorded and available for you to watch at any time, allowing you to review what was covered
Ready to start this program?
Simply pick a time that works for you
Add your payment details securely online
We'll be in contact to match you with one of our top tutors and book your first session
PAYG and bundle plans
Access to practice questions
Not sure if this program is right for you?
Ask us, we'll help you find the right program.