Year 12 Probability for General Mathematics addresses outcomes from the Statistics and Probability Strand in the NSW Senior Mathematics Syllabus. In Probability, students study the applications of probability in everyday life to help them with such tasks as assessing the reliability of products. In this program, they learn how assessments of probability are made and used in decision-making.
Probability and Relative Frequency 8 concepts
Establish the number of unordered selections of a group of items
Establish the number of ordered selections of a group of items
Use the formula for the probability of an event to calculate the probability that a particular selection will occur
Use the fundamental counting theorem to determine the number of outcomes for a multistage experiment
Calculate the complement of a single-step event
Calculate the theoretical probability of a single-step compound event
Calculate relative frequency from an experiment
List sample space of a multistage event using organised lists, two-way tables and tree diagrams
Multistage events and applications of probability 4 concepts
Calculate the financial expectation of an event
Using tree diagrams for multi-stage events
Calculate the expected value of an event
Calculate the expected frequency of an event
What you'll get
- A customised learning plan to suit your needs, adapting to your pace as you learn, progress and achieve mastery
- All the content required to help you master the syllabus, including theory, worked examples, exam preparation and practice questions
An Expert Tutor
- We match you to a private, expert tutor who is right for your needs and goals
- Our tutors are talented, tested, top ATAR achievers and subject experts
- During each session, your tutor guides you through your learning program, providing real-time, live expert tutoring in Probability
- Access information at every stage showing what's been mastered, what areas need to be worked on and what's next
- You and your parents receive a comprehensive feedback report after every session
- Every session is recorded and available for you to watch at any time, allowing you to review what was covered
Ready to start this program?
Simply pick a time that works for you
Add your payment details securely online
We'll book in your first session and match you to an expert tutor
PAYG and bundle plans
Access to practice questions
Not sure if this program is right for you?
Ask us, we'll help you find the right program.