In this learning program, students will develop an understanding of the properties of the normal distibution. We will help students recognise the value of relative measure in the analysis and comparison of datasets arising from random variables that are normally distributed. Students explore analytical processes involving normally distributed data and make judgements in individual cases justifying the reasonableness of their solutions.
Bell curve 1 concept
Characteristics of a normal distribution
Standardised value 2 concepts
Calculate the z-score from a normal distribution and interpret the results in terms of the standard deviation
Use calculated z-scores to compare scores from different data sets
Empirical rule 2 concepts
Apply the empirical rule and z-scores
Use the 68-95-99.7% rule for data one, two and three standard deviations from the mean in practical situations
Probability of standardised distribution 1 concept
Find the probability for a given or calculated z-score using the normal distribution table
What you'll get
- A customised learning plan to suit your needs, adapting to your pace as you learn, progress and achieve mastery
- All the content required to help you master the syllabus, including theory, worked examples, exam preparation and practice questions
An Expert Tutor
- We match you to a private, expert tutor who is right for your needs and goals
- Our tutors are talented, tested, top ATAR achievers and subject experts
- During each session, your tutor guides you through your learning program, providing real-time, live expert tutoring in The Normal distribution
- Access information at every stage showing what's been mastered, what areas need to be worked on and what's next
- You and your parents receive a comprehensive feedback report after every session
- Every session is recorded and available for you to watch at any time, allowing you to review what was covered
Ready to start this program?
Simply pick a time that works for you
Add your payment details securely online
We'll be in contact to match you with one of our top tutors and book your first session
PAYG and bundle plans
Access to practice questions
Not sure if this program is right for you?
Ask us, we'll help you find the right program.